Title:  roses are red
Posted:  Friday 1 February 2013 @ 19:04
With Valentine's day right around the corner, I thought I'd write up a post featuring the colour red. Red - specifically bright, vibrant, pillar box red, was traditionally a little bit daring as a colour, especially if you wore it head to toe - it's not until the late 19th century that red evening dresses are ever really seen. Red really came into its own in the mid twentieth century - perhaps helped along by Technicolor cinema and the need for movie costumes to be as vivid as possible to stand out on the screen. Red is a colour that screams 'look at me!' perhaps in a way that no other colour does.

Here are a few glamorous examples of red making a statement.







I've picked out a few of my current favourite vintage red dresses from etsy. Click on the picture to be taken to the seller's page if you're interested!








Gorgeous, aren't they? I wish they were all in my size! I just love wearing red, it's dreamy. I'm not the biggest celebrator of Valentine's Day but I can never turn down an excuse to play the lady in red :)