Title:  sweet and sour
Posted:  Thursday 21 June 2012 @ 20:43
I'm finding myself drawn to really unusual colour schemes at the moment. I'm not usually one for bright colours but I can't seem to keep away from them. I have loads of fabrics that are in my typical colours and I just have no desire to sew them up. I want brights! And the one colour scheme that is grabbing at me most strongly at the moment is that of chartreuse and petal pink.


The two work especially well when teamed with black to neutralise them a little. It's something of an intermediary between the shock of the two. I think the key to success with this particular colour scheme is to use one or other colour as the main feature of an outfit, black as the secondary tone and then the contrasting colour to add highlights. Mind you, if you're really brave, you can always wear equal amounts of each - a chartreuse skirt and a petal pink skirt, for instance! But I think the two need breaking up a little so if I were to try that, I would add a black belt and shoes. Here are a few images for inspiration. I'll be looking out for some petal and chartreuse fabric in the coming weeks and, if I manage to come up with anything, I'll post about it.


Have any of you worn/seen outfits combining these two shades? Let me know!